Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 180: March 3, 2008

Happy anniversary to us! It's our two-year wedding anniversary and our six-month construction anniversary. Hard to believe we've spent a quarter of our married lives on this project.

Good thing we celebrated this past weekend -- because we both worked all day today, a worse-than-typical Monday all around. Someone was out sick, which meant piles of extra work for me -- work that still isn't finished. And when the plumber showed up at the house, Bud received an unexpected assignment: cleaning out the current laundry room/future downstairs bathroom, which included hauling away a full-size freezer and sorting through 80 years' worth of cleaning supplies.

The French doors for the great room arrived today. As I mentioned, the plumber got his part of the job under way. The electrician continued wiring. I think I saw the drywall subcontractor running around when I stopped by this morning, but I haven't heard what he accomplished. The painting subcontractor/wall paper remover was still hard at it.

I'd certainly call it the busiest day we've had down there in a while.

No comments: