Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 196: March 19, 2008


brfix
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Lighting consumed our day.

The list of ceiling fixtures for the existing house was daunting: the master bedroom, three other bedrooms (one of which will someday become a walk-in closet), the upstairs hall (two there, actually), the entry hall, the exit from the front stairs into the downstairs hall, the hall to the new downstairs bathroom, and Bud's office. Plus, two sconces -- one for the front stairs and one for the downstairs hall.

We managed to choose them all. Except the sconces, which are universally ugly.

The picture is the fixture for our bedroom. It's another Minka product, but I didn't know that when we chose it. So I guess I am in love with the company's designs (although I'm not really loving that crystal ball dangling there in the middle so much).

The lighting store owners have done everything in their power to make sure customers can't identify the fixtures by name and purchase them somewhere else. Their plan was foiled because I've spent way too much time on the Minka site. LOL.

When we got home and I started looking over our selections on the store's website, I could identify the Minka products by the styling of the photographs! I need to get out more.

No comments: