Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 285: June 16, 2008

Jimmy and Gary continued to install beadboard in the bathrooms, a project they started while we were gone Friday. Also, the painters painted right along, as usual.

Problem clean-up was still our job. Bud sent back the remote kit for the fireplace that arrived with surprisingly few of its parts. After my three counts and Bud's confirmation tally, we determined that 18 cabinet knobs need to be replaced. I reported our results to the hardware retailer by e-mail and voicemail.

Speaking of knobs, I ordered the ones we need for the bookcases the afternoon. I got the backplates too. These are exactly what we're having installed in the closet room. I chose them because they're reminiscent of the original brass doorknobs throughout the house.

No comments: