Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 315: July 16, 2008


day315
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Jesse finally got the entry hall light working this afternoon. (His original wiring didn't work for some reason that's still unclear to me, so he had to run a new line under the siding on the front of the house and into the ceiling in the front hall.)

Anyway, when it's lighted, I love it so much more than I thought I would! To me, it's probably the biggest surprise of any of the fixtures. The others lived up to my expectations, exciting or average -- but this one overachieved.

A disappointing backsplash note: I realized this evening that the tilers must think they're finished, except for grout. The thing is, the tile goes beyond where it's supposed to be in one area, and in another, it doesn't go as far as we planned. I don't know if it's easily fixable, but I'm sure it can be fixed. Otherwise, it still looks gorgeous.

No comments: