Friday, September 14, 2007

Day 10: Sept. 14, 2007


living
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Not much progress to report today. Nothing new to photograph either, so I uploaded this picture of the messiness we call a living room (complete with kitchen cabinets).

Instead of concrete, rain poured into our footer trench this morning. When the weather cleared, the plumber repaired a sewer pipe that someone broke yesterday.

Bud and I stopped by this evening to take a look around. When I entered the dark kitchen, it occurred to me that there probably was no power to the refrigerator.

Unfortunately, I was right.

We had stored about half the corn from our garden this year in that freezer, and we also had been keeping some ground beef in there that was given to us by Linda and Bill (my sister and her husband, who's a beef cattle farmer).

The ears of corn were still frozen, so we brought them home and squeezed them into our freezer. We'll have to eat ear corn every meal for months before there's room for anything else in there!

I'm not about to refreeze partially thawed ground beef, so I'll be making chili, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, cheeseburger quiche and anything else I can think of this weekend.

Where will I put it all, you ask? Well, um, I guess I didn't think that far ahead.

No comments: