Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 399: Oct. 8, 2008


day399
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Here's how close we are to finished: Gary and Jimmy took their table saw today and went to work on someone else's two-day project. Even though they're not gone for good yet, it was sad to watch them leave.

The tile's still groutless, but you get to see it anyway -- because I didn't take any new pictures today. (I think they're grouting tomorrow -- except for the bullnose edges, which won't be here 'til the middle of the month.)

Reno sealed the kitchen and sunroom tile this afternoon. We can't walk on it for at least 24 hours. So, doing out-of-the-house stuff today, we bought mattresses for our bedroom and the guest bedroom. They'll be delivered Friday evening. I hope there's a way to get into the house by then!

Speaking of mattresses, I've been puzzling over when I can stop with the "Day XXX" post titles. I think I've decided to give them up after we spend our first night in the house.

But even then, we not be fully in. We also stopped by the cable office this afternoon, and although the woman told Bud she'd try to "rush them up," the first appointment was for the beginning of November!

They're coming to do the phone a couple of weeks before that, so we're hoping they can do both (and the Internet too) at the same time.

No comments: