Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Slowly, semi-steadily

While I've been back to work and pitching in a little bit at night, Bud's plugging away daily. He cleared a spot in the garage for me yesterday, so the Jeep didn't have to endure last night's freezing temperatures.

We also could have a mailbox by the end of the day today. I bought it last week, and Bud finally got a chance to start working on it yesterday.

Inside, we're expanding outward from the great room, which still has cardboard-box end tables. Bud's office is organized and functional, and if you peek inside the kitchen cabinets, you won't be staring into an abyss anymore. The closet is mostly organized. The medicine cabinets are starting to fill up -- well, at least the one upstairs is.

Still, we've got a long way to go. Last night, I had to pause in the middle of making dinner to drive to the other house and grab a measuring cup. (I brought back four -- and a pot with a steamer insert. My rule is that I can't walk out the door there without my hands full.) Then we had to go back later, so that I could check my hair appointment card, which is still magneted to the refrigerator there, and pick up some storage containers for last night's leftovers.

No pictures yet. The camera has been sitting forlornly on the kitchen bar for days.

Laura's family probably will learn the results of her dad's biopsy Friday. She says his appetite and strength are noticeably less.

No comments: