Sunday, October 12, 2008

Days 402-403: Oct. 11-12, 2008

So I misunderstood when I thought Jimmy said Jesse was coming Friday. He actually said Chester -- which was even better. Chester sanded the entire great-room floor and put the first coat of urethane down.

He'll be back Monday and Tuesday for the second and final coats. After that, we have to wait 24 hours to walk on it, and then a week to put furniture on it.

Friday night and Saturday morning, I washed bed linens for the new house (using the washer and dryer at the new house!). On Saturday, I put sheets on both beds, and stuffed the comforter for the master into its duvet cover. I also ordered a comforter for the guest room. Bud took care of things outside. Watering the newly seeded grass, cleaning the patio, that stuff.

On Saturday evening, we went to the farm for dinner to celebrate Chris' birthday. I promised myself all day that I would take pictures, so that I could show you my side of the family really does exist. When I forgot the camera, I figured I'd take phone pictures. Then I forgot those too.

Sunday, we vacuumed the central air vents and painted the insides black. We washed the vent covers, which are drying in the garage and will need new coats of paints also.

We moved a few pieces of furniture from Bud's mom's house. There were a couple of large pieces we had planned to move, but they're still crammed full of things, so we made new selections. We'll try to clean out the others this week or next weekend -- since we won't be able to put stuff into the great room yet, we'll have a little time on our hands.

No comments: