Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 241: May 3, 2008


watergarden
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Linda invited us to the farm for a little Derby get-together, so we loaded up the broccoli salad and the mint juleps and hit the road.

We drew Big Brown (and three others) in the $1-a-pick game, which was great fun for a few minutes, 'til we saw what had happened to Eight Belles. That poor girl tried so hard.

I know you're not surprised that I didn't remember to take the camera to the party, so the picture is of our current water garden. We hope our fish will be as happy in his new home.

2 comments:

Brian Smith said...

Janie and I came up to Lexington for a big Derby party this weekend, and I ended up winning $34 on Eight Belles.

Hated to cash it, but I wasn't going to leave money on the table.

Bud and Mary said...

I'm still thinking we should donate our paltry $20 winnings to the Barbaro Fund or the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, something like that. Poor Eight Belles.