Thursday, May 22, 2008

Days 258-259: May 20-21, 2008


day259
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Tuesday was a blur of even more work and less sleep than usual, but my excitement about today made up for that stress.

Almost as soon as they arrived at 9 a.m., the cabinet guys began hauling in the pieces to our giant kitchen jigsaw puzzle, filling the great room with chestnut-colored goodness. If I had guessed the scope of that part of job, I would have timed it. More than an hour, for sure.

By the time they left around 5 or 6 p.m., everything was hung and most of the doors were in place.

Cabinet Day 2 is tomorrow, when they're coming back for trimwork and, I'm assuming, to level doors and that sort of thing.

I stayed around the house today in case there were cabinet questions. Tomorrow, I've got to get back to the office, which is unfortunate since it's the day for details.

Laura and Lance stopped by for a visit and a peek at the progress. (I remembered to take a picture this time, thanks to Bud, so I'll have to post that soon.)

No comments: