Monday, October 1, 2007

Days 25-26: Sept. 29-30, 2007

Another recuperation weekend. We're starting to sound like the sickliest people around! Happily, I think we're finally both much better, although I'm still taking a cough medicine that makes me want to hibernate.

Anyway, if the concrete's still coming first thing Tuesday, the amount of work the guys will have to do Monday will more than make up for our weekend sluggishness.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in the last post that Robbie, the plumber, got back to us Friday with an estimate on all the fixtures he and I discussed a week or so ago.

Good news! By letting him provide the fixtures, we save a boatload of cash and we get better-quality stuff. I'm giving up the sink I loved so much, though. For just a few dollars more than the one I had chosen, Robbie can get us a similar-size (but rectangular, darn it!) sink that's usually ridiculously expensive.

The part of me that wants a really high-end sink couldn't pass it up. But the part of me that was so thrilled about the shape of the sink echoing the curve of the breakfast bar is still second-guessing the decision.

No comments: