Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 135: Jan. 17, 2008


day135
Originally uploaded by budandmary
I raced the clock to get the tile sample boards we checked out yesterday back to the store in time today. Bud couldn't return them because he had a migraine all day.

So I left work at 4:30 this afternoon, stopped by the house to pick up the boards and sprouted wings on the way to the tile place, arriving 5:02. The doors were already locked, but luckily, I had called ahead, so they let me in.

Gary and Jimmy continued to work on the great room, where the vaulted ceiling will be flat at its peak. In the photo, the boards that tie the rafters together mark the place where the ceiling will flatten out. It will be 13 feet high at that point.

Lance seems to be bouncing back well from his latest surgery. His doctors are culturing samples from the second shunt to determine what antibiotic will best fight his infection.

I'm practically counting the days 'til my vacation. I'd be marking off the minutes if I weren't too overwhelmed to deal with it.

No comments: