Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 355: Aug. 25, 2008


zoom
Originally uploaded by budandmary
To save you from death by boredom brought on by concrete photos, here's a quick shot of Bud slipping up the driveway behind me on my motorcycle as I was capturing yet another fascinating picture of the millstones.

But don't breathe too easily, those stones (now free of duct tape) could be tomorrow's photo.

Bud and I did a walk-through to check out the floors this morning in anticipation of Chester's arrival. Apparently, we were a little to eager because he didn't come back today.

The good news is the only mistake we found was a small, dried puddle of urethane in the great room that I already had noticed Friday evening.

Jimmy and I also walked through, placing the doorstops in the correct locations. Several more that were on back order are scheduled to arrive soon.

Gary and Jimmy removed the forms from the concrete before a huge rain blew in. Courtesy of that storm, we spent an hour and half in the dark at work. Bleh. Nothing like wasted time on a Monday.

The marble shop crew is supposed to be back Tuesday mid- to late morning. I'm still hoping they can repair the flaws, but if they can't, at least we'll know that and they can get started cutting a new slab.

Jamie and Allyson are in town, so Bud visited with Jamie while I was at work today. Then the four of us had dinner before I headed back for a few more hours at the office.

No comments: