Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 220: April 12, 2008


day220
Originally uploaded by budandmary
I know what you've been thinking: Bud and Mary seem to have an awful lot of furniture, but the one thing that's missing is a hall tree.

Really, hall trees rank right up there with pie safes and sugar chests as my favorite antiques. We have the other two covered, but oddly enough among the countless pieces we've been lucky enough to inherit, there was not a single hall tree.

Bud found an auction he wanted to attend this morning -- I think mostly for the 70-something guns that were up for sale. But there were lots of antiques too. Apparently the woman whose things they were selling used to own an antiques store.

It must've been a gun crowd -- because we got this beautiful tree for what we both consider a steal. I can't wait to get it in the house. As if I needed one more reason to be impatient about this remodel!

The good day didn't stop there, though. We also had some great sushi at our favorite place and spent a couple of hours getting ideas at a huge home and garden show. So the added bonus is that the hall tree will always remind me of a terrific day.

No comments: