Friday, December 14, 2007

Day 101: Dec. 14, 2007

Tough day. I went to Rusty's funeral, and I still can't make myself believe we'll never see him again. I don't know what else to say. It just doesn't seem possible.

I haven't heard any more from Louis or Laura, so I'm planning to try to call someone tomorrow for an update. I'm sure they have their hands full. If all went according to plan, the baby should have had surgery today to close his lesion.

At the house, the garage passed its final building inspection. Bud celebrated by pressure washing the garage floor tonight. He wanted to give it time to dry so that he can start moving stuff in tomorrow.

Concrete stains are becoming my new obsession. The transparent stain Bud picked up the other day was, you guessed it, not dark enough. Tonight, we went to Home Depot in search of a semi-transparent stain -- which, it turns out, isn't available in white. So we bought the solid color stain. I applied it to two leftover stones when we got home, and as I suspected, they look as if they've been painted white.

I have two new plans of attack for tomorrow. One is to head back to Home Depot and ask the paint guy to open a can of the semi-transparent base. (Tints are added to the base to color it.) I'm hoping it's white.

If that doesn't work out, I'll make myself a half-transparent/half-solid mix from the two products we already have. It would be a nightmare to have to do that for the entire wall, but anything's worth a try right now.

Both Lowe's and Yellow Transportation called today to schedule deliveries. The washer and dryer should arrive at the other house tomorrow morning. We hope the Lowe's delivery people will take them upstairs for us. If not, we may just store them in the garage. The range hood should be here at the current house Monday afternoon.

No comments: