Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 102: Dec. 15, 2007


day102
Originally uploaded by budandmary
OK, no more snoring during Kentucky basketball games. Apparently, when I fall asleep at home, the Cats take a nap on the floor. A three-point loss. To UAB? After blowing a 14-point lead! Can you feel my head shaking?

Braving sleet and very cold rain, we waited about two hours this morning at the other house (no electricity) for the new washer and dryer to arrive.

We certainly aren't ready for them yet, but there was method in our early-bird madness. In case the washer and dryer wouldn't go up the stairs, we wanted them on hand when the side of the house comes off to place the whirlpool tub in the expanded second-story bathroom.

Luckily, we didn't have a problem. In fact the delivery guys were so good that they took a door off its hinges and hurdled the toilet in the downstairs half-bath to take away the old washer and dryer.

The garage got its first full-time residents this morning when Bud moved his mom's car, which he's cleaning up to sell, and his own car into the back two bays.

I napped through the time I felt comfortable calling Louis or someone else who's with Laura, and I haven't heard anything. So I'll call tomorrow.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the happiest news of the day. My friend Brian and his fiancee, Janie, got married today. Congratulations and best wishes, guys!