Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 103: Dec. 16, 2007


day103
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Solid-color stain is out. Having a wall that white would look even worse than having the one that's too gray.

As the stones sat in the kitchen drying the past couple of days, I started to believe they'd be a perfect match. But all the head games I had played with myself didn't make any difference when I finally took the stones to the other house. They're absolutely arctic against the original foundation.

So I returned to Home Depot tonight. Good news. The semi-transparent base is white. I bought a gallon and tried it out. I think we're going to need to add a little white tint to it, but I'll have a better idea after the second coat tomorrow.

Laura texted today, saying everything's OK and that she'll be calling and sending photos soon. I can hardly wait to see that kid!

No comments: