Thursday, February 21, 2008

Days 167-168: Feb. 20-21, 2008


day168
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Tuesday was a jumble of no sleep and lots of work, followed by a late basketball game -- which, fortunately, Kentucky was able to win. So I didn't even try to post, and I didn't have pictures anyway.

Wednesday morning, we met with Bryan again. He took some more measurements. We gave him a deposit. Now all that's left is actually getting the cabinets. (Well, and paying the other half of the bill.) I can't wait to see them.

Gary and Jimmy have added chipboard to the fireplace and leveled the ceiling in the upstairs bathroom since my previous post. I'm sure that's not all, but it is all I remember right now.

The painting subcontractors took over wallpaper removal, and it seems to be moving faster. The hard part is that their speed puts pressure on us -- mostly Bud -- to clear out furniture more quickly. I'm hoping to get away from work Friday to help. This has turned into one of those (frequent) weeks when the harder I try to get out of the office, the larger my to-do pile grows.

No comments: