Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 66: Nov. 9, 2007


laura
Originally uploaded by budandmary
At work, we had a lunchtime shower at a local bed and breakfast for my friend Laura, who's having a baby next month. (I still can't believe it's so close now!)

We enjoyed ourselves so much that it felt as if we had just gotten there when it was time to leave. I wish all showers had such a great mix of fun people.

Bud and I received our final cabinet estimate yesterday -- from the place that we visited several weeks ago after the first dealer of the same line never got back to us.

I've loved these cabinets from the first time I saw them. And this rep's design skills? 'Wow!' doesn't cover it. Far beyond anything else we've seen. Although her presentation included CAD drawings, I can't show you because she's not permitted to release them unless we choose her company.

We're fairly certain this was the priciest bid we've gotten so far, but we'll have to take a closer look this weekend. Not all of the bids include countertop estimates. Some don't include hardware. At least a couple were completed before we decided we wanted a few glass panels.

Of course, the design work we got with this bid is worth a lot. With her plan, I'm comfortable that the kitchen will look fabulous. With the others, I almost feel that we're throwing together some ideas we like and hoping for the best.

Bud and I also stopped at the hospital briefly to visit Bob, who's the father of Jamie's friend Allyson. Bob underwent a triple heart bypass earlier this week, after having had a heart attack last weekend. He looked great (except for that big scar on his chest) and seems to be on his way to a smooth recovery.

No comments: