Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 85: Nov. 28, 2007


day85
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Our remodel kept us warm tonight. The fire Bud built in the fireplace where we live now was fueled by yellow poplar from the demolition that's going on at the other house.

Gary, Jimmy and Bud continued to take down the roof on the back of the house today, while Tom carefully removed the trim from the windows and doors of the kitchen.

The tree trimmers were there briefly to remove a few low branches from the big pine that's between the house and the garage.

I stopped by on my way back to work after lunch to ask Gary the Amish guys' questions about the vanities. While I was there, he showed me that structurally, there's probably no way to avoid putting a beam in the kitchen.

I'm disappointed, but I guess the alternative is wearing the second floor as a hat. The pantry wall, which is coming out, fills a gap in the original beam that spans the house at that point.

I talked with Laverne, the main man at the Amish furniture place, this afternoon. He's mailing us a sample of a darker finish than we originally chose. We'll mail back our approval (I hope), along with the answers to their questions and the down payment. We'll have our vanities by the end of January. Woo hoo!

No comments: