Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 67: Nov. 10, 2007


day67
Originally uploaded by budandmary
Bud and I got rid of the remnants of the water maple early this afternoon. I hate to say goodbye to another old tree, but I'm relieved that the lawn looks fine without it. Actually, it's nice to see more of Ann's house.

Linda, my sister, called this morning to invite us to the farm for dinner. So I threw a broccoli salad together in the late afternoon as we watched Kentucky defeat Vandy, and we took off when the game ended.

At the farm, we celebrated the birthdays of Allison, who turns 37 on Sunday, and Ella Mae, who's now 91. Allison is the wife of Linda's stepson, Chris. Ella Mae is the stepgrandmother of Linda's husband, Bill.

The picture is from Friday, when the guys installed the subfloor of the room addition. If we could find a key to the back door, we could walk onto the floor from the existing kitchen. As it is, we can climb a ladder to take in the view -- which is not my preferred method of scaling great heights.

No comments: