Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 78: Nov. 21, 2007


day78
Originally uploaded by budandmary
The garage door installers did their thing today. All five doors seem to be working fine. The garage feels this close to complete now.

Still there's painting, the ceiling finish work, the bathroom fixtures. But the fact that it can be entirely locked somehow makes the end seem nearer.

Bud, Jamie and the dogs hung out again this morning. I worked all day, but at least it was for the last time 'til Monday.

The turducken arrived safely this afternoon and currently is thawing the refrigerator. I'm about to head to the kitchen to make a pumpkin cheesecake. Or maybe mini-cheesecakes. I'll decide when I start pouring.

After Kentucky's last performance, a win wasn't a foregone conclusion tonight. So we were glad the Cats made our Rupp visit worthwhile.

Bud caught one of the t-shirts they throw into the crowd at the game. It was from Qdoba, and because of the way it was wrapped, I genuinely was worried I was opening real burrito instead of a shirt. In retrospect, it was ridiculous to think even for a second that they were throwing burritos at the fans. But it seemed possible at the time. At least to me.

No comments: