Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 74: Nov. 17, 2007


day74
Originally uploaded by budandmary
I ordered the range hood last night after I posted. So we still have to buy the washer and dryer, lighting for the bathrooms, and ceiling fans for the great room and screened porch. I think that's all.

I also need to contact the Amish furniture makers to get them started on the vanities and the bed.

After (and during) the Kentucky game, Bud and I worked around the house where we live now. He cleaned the gutters and the winterized the water garden. I took care of laundry and dishes, and I decluttered. If you looked at the inside of our house right now, you might wonder exactly what I did, though! There are a heck of a lot of piles of stuff from the other houses around here these days.

I dropped a pot rack off at Bud's dad's house at halftime and took a look around while I was there. (We've been calling it "the new house," but that seems sort of strange since it's so old. But part of it will be new, so there's that.) The picture is an interior view of the garage. In the upper right of the photo, you can see the heater that was installed earlier this week.

Tomorrow, I'm planning to continue decluttering. We also want to visit at least one open house -- a home that's about the same age as Bud's dad's and was remodeled in the past year.

And we might buy the washer and dryer. Checking things off the to-do list is even more fulfilling than usual these days.

No comments: