Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 79: Nov. 22, 2007

After brunch and some parade-watching, Bud suggested that it might be a good (read: uncrowded) day to visit the Sportsman Club. A huge dark cloud loomed as we loaded his truck with targets, pistols, hearing protection, safety glasses.

We hung a target, and I proceeded to miss almost everything in sight. Poor Bud fired just two rounds before it started raining and hailing.

Later in the afternoon, Bud cleaned his almost-garage while I cooked our feast. He's eager to get into the new garage, and I can't blame him. I'm excited to use the new kitchen, and it's not even really started yet.

Sadly, we can't give the turducken roll a thumbs up. Even with the recommended turkey bag, it was kind of dry. Because Bud wanted brown gravy with his mashed potatoes, I hadn't planned to make gravy from the drippings -- which was fortunate because there was virtually nothing there to work with! So the texture wasn't great, but the taste was good. Maybe a whole turducken would fare better.

The chipotle scalloped sweet potatoes were tasty. I'll be taking those -- and probably some wine and maybe a broccoli casserole -- when we go to the farm to celebrate Thanksgiving with Linda and the gang.

I've got one more run of the dishwasher, must be the 40th of the day. I'm hoping by the time I get it loaded, I'll be ready for another nap. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: